Jack Painter

"Doug" wrote
wrote
"Jack Painter" wrote:

There are no "ropes" on vessels. Boats use LINE.

Very typical statement, usually associated with pedantic armchair

sailing
lubbers, or someone whose sailing experience is that they once took a

guided
tour of a pirate ship at Disneyworld.

Let me guess. You also think that a "ship" is a boat that is too big to

be
lifted onto another ship.

Bwhahahahahahahaha!

BB

I noticed the bubbleheads didn't jump on the earlier remark about boats
being hoisted aboard ship.
Will this thread now degenerate into discussions of "Pig" boats,

"boomers",
etc?
Doug, K7ABX
A former spook, aircraft owner who just qualified 2 weeks ago as a USCG
Auxiliary Boatcrew "person". Lets see, the pointy end called a "bow".....

Hi Doug, congrats on crew qual. I thought the thread has been a fun
diversion, and saw no need to allow it to "degenerate". My pleasure boating,
navy and coast guard experience need no embellishment, nor do yours of
course. I chose to ignore the "BinaryBill" poster above, that's all.

Best regards,
JP