Peggie Hall

Default SPAMMER Blacklist

I suspect those aren't actual Yahoo addresses. The spammers just want to put
something in the sender field.

Yup...and it seems that 90% of 'em choose Yahoo. Yahoo now controls my
ISP's email and news servers, but they can't even be bothered to try to
match up return addresses on incoming mail to their own servers against
their own account list. I'm happy to do my part to put their free email
out of business by blocking all of it, legit AND spoofed. The spoofed
ones aren't bounceable, but if enough people block everything from 'em,
people who do have real yahoo.com email addresses will start complaining
to that their email isn't getting through either.

If I had nothing better to do, I wouldn't block spam with spoofed yahoo
addresses, I'd forward every bit of it to yahoo and encourage everyone I
know to do the same. If everyone else is averaging the same 100+ a week
that I get, and were willing to do the same, that would clog up their
system so badly that it would amount to a denial of service
attack...which, since there'd be nothing illegal about it, MIGHT finally
force 'em to do whatever it takes to stop it.

There has to be a reason why yahoo is the most popular spoofed
address...I'd love to know what.

Peggie
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"