Wally

Capt. NealŪ wrote:

You sound like Gaynz. You need to ask yourself,
"Am I important enough for some hacker to want to
get into my system?" Probably not.

This is essentially a variation on 'security through obscurity', and is not
a real defence against being hacked.

Moreover, your question is fallacious, being predicated on the notion that
only 'important' systems face being hacked. I'd invite you to define
'important' in this context, but I guarantee that you cannot. There are too
many hackers, with too many motives to establish even a range of
definitions. To be clear: simply being hackable is a measure of
'importance'.

The only safe assumption to make is that it *is* important enough for some
hacker, somewhere, to attempt an exploit. Ergo, the question should be: Is
my system open enough for some hacker to get in?

--
Wally
www.artbywally.com