Donny

Which would be toughest/longest lasting/cheapest?

The cheapest is to wait until it's hauled, coat a wooden plug in 5200,
hammer it in, and saw and sand the plug flat. That is also the ugliest
method.

The proper method is to glass over as depicted in Nigel Calder's books
or in similar boat repair guides.

I suppose it really depends what your object is: are you permanently
reducing the number of holes in your boat (in which case glass over or
weld a plate for a metal boat), or are you considering EVER using
that thru-hull hole again, in any context?

R.

I guess it would be better for me, and any other *possible* future
owners if I kept the flexibility of the through hulls, huh?

It's better to have and not need, than to need and not have.

Donny

www.picturetrail.com/sixbennetts