Jack Painter

"Jack Erbes" wrote

Hmmm... You bubbleheads always think you know everything. :)

we are good, roger that!

I'm sure that eventually the manual will also include a statement that:

"An inability on the part of the anyone reading this text to correctly
recall specific details of information and terminology in subsequent
testing is not to be taken as an inference of mental or physical
inferiority. If the reader is traumatized by not being able to meet
required standards for evaluation of intelligence and ability, a waiver
of the standards can be obtained from the Command Career Counselor."

God help us then. At least they did away with the "time out" cards in boot
camp, so I heard.

Oh yeah, one other small correction, the correct term is "flemished",
not flemmed.

I know, thank you. "flemmed" was used in slang only, just like the command
"flem", which rarely escapes a Chief's lips in proper vernacular ;-)

I forgot to include Rat Lines and Lead Line in my examples, there are
probably others.

We used to call steel cable "wire rope" in the Ironworkers also, but I don't
recall ever hearing that in the Navy. Must have been the sheltered life
aboard a Boomer ;-)

Cheers,

Jack
Sailing with the Coast Guard now