Donal

"Jcasey22" wrote in message
Hey folks, I've been lurking around this group awhile and must say, I get

some
great laughs, you guys are crazy(too much time at sea, or too little?)

Anyway,
I'm headed back to the UK to attend the UKSA for 17 weeks to gain a

yachtmaster
certification, hopefully. I want to have a better understanding of the

basics
before I get there, as the Solent is a hell of a place to learn on the

run. I
am in need of a good source of info and study guides for navigation, tidal
calculations and other such things. I have a little training in both, so I

am
at the point at where I can understand the language and use the tools

involed.
I am shelling out a lot of dough for the school as it is, so if I can find
these things on the cheap, it would be great.

I notice that you have had a load of useless answers about cigarette butts
and fog.

Only I and the good Capt. Neal are capable of offering helpful advice.

The book that you are looking for is called "An Introduction to Coastal
Navigation - a seaman's guide".
ISBN 0 984254 02 5

Published by:
Morgans Technical Books Ltd