noah

Default SPAMMER Blacklist

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:37:12 -0800, "Chuck Tribolet"
wrote:

Yes, there are some domain names that you can figure out are
spamsters. Unfortunately, they are a quickly shrinking fraction. A year ago,
that worked. It doesn't work today. Here's an analysis of the From:
in the I've received since about 11/26. The number on the left of spams
I've received that purported to be From: the domain on the right.
1977 spams in a couple of weeks. Do the math -- black listing doesn't
work. But try the Mozilla spam filter -- it really does.

snipped list

Mozilla does help, so does ISP cooperation like Earthlink Webmail.
Nothing is 100%.

One important factor that most "ISP blockers" are neglecting is that
email addresses can be "spooged". In other words, spammers can send
email which appear to be from *any* email address. I have received
several fraud-mails, asking for "account and credit verification",
which DID NOT come from the address listed. Three of them were
dead-ringers for my ISP account. I forwarded them to my ISP, and they
reported spooged headers. Simply blocking a bunch of domains or ISPs
is like killing all the chickens because you got a rotten egg. You
might as well shut down all your email accounts or, better yet, turn
off the computer. They sure as hell can't get you then! )

Repaired my boat cover today. The damage was my own fault. 20" of
wet snow is a bit more than a cover can hold. Gotta' build a shed, or
get one of those "Suburbian Teepees".

Regards,
noah

Off-topic posting is a bit like farting in a house of worship.
Only children, the arrogant, or the ignorant, can truly enjoy it.
Only the arrogant and the ignorant insist on it.

To email me, remove the "OT-" from OT-wrecked.boats.noah.
....as you were. )