Scott Vernon

The Solent, eh? Watch out for all the cigarette butts in the water, I
hear they can clog your water intakes.

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

"Jcasey22" wrote in message
Hey folks, I've been lurking around this group awhile and must say,

I get some
great laughs, you guys are crazy(too much time at sea, or too

little?) Anyway,
I'm headed back to the UK to attend the UKSA for 17 weeks to gain a

yachtmaster
certification, hopefully. I want to have a better understanding of

the basics
before I get there, as the Solent is a hell of a place to learn on

the run. I
am in need of a good source of info and study guides for navigation,

tidal
calculations and other such things. I have a little training in

both, so I am
at the point at where I can understand the language and use the

tools involed.
I am shelling out a lot of dough for the school as it is, so if I

can find
these things on the cheap, it would be great.

Joseph