Steven Shelikoff

Default Emergency diesel shutdown

On 11 Dec 2003 03:04:00 GMT, (Karl Denninger)
wrote:

In article . net,
Rick wrote:
Karl Denninger wrote:

(It will pull a near-zero-zero vacuum..... as will the fuel pump, in fact.
I've seen the fuel restriction gauge showing effectively a zero vacuum when
I foolishly started the engine without remembering to turn on the fuel
valves first....)

Cringe ... zero vacuum is one atmosphere, one Bar, or around 14.7 pounds
per square inch absolute, it is no vacuum at all.

The most complete vacuum you can produce will still only create a
pressure differential of 14.7 pounds per square inch at sea level, or
one atmoshphere.

Rick

"zero-zero" in my view means "absolute vacuum", or -14.7 psig.....

It would probably be better for you to define an absolute vacuum as 0
psi instead of -14.7 psig. Your way depends on your altitude, the
barometric pressure.

Steve