Vaughan Henderson wrote:
(Tony Rowlands) wrote in message

. com...
Me
Thanks for the advice. Looks like I will get a new one.
I guess it is a good time seeing that the US$ has gone down against

the Aust$.
Do you have any recommendations as to an antenna supplier.
Cruising is great but there is no time for play.
Tony
S/V Ambrosia

Before you spend real money Tony, I'd suspect the fifth component.
The smd devices marked 221 should be resistors, each with a value of
220 ohms. Four of those, effiectively connected in parallel, would
give you the 55 ohms you are measuring on the multimeter. The fifth
component (unmarked) is most likely a capacitor and would be more
liable to be permanently damaged by the water. Difficult to test with
a simple multimeter unless it also has a capacitance range(s). If

you
measure across it, it should read some very high value of resistance
(greater than 10 M-ohm). I don't have any idea what it's value would
be, but could be around 100pF (picofarads). If you are up to
replacing smd components and can get one, (should cost less than
50cents) you could try replacing that.

"Me" may well be right that the lacquer coating you applied has
totally detuned the antenna, so all the above may be a waste of time.

Regards
Vaughan Henderson