Calif Bill

"____m___~¿Ô___m____" wrote in message
news:mt9rd.5740$Hk6.861@trnddc05...
JohnH wrote:

For everyone else, sorry for the Linux rant.

I had no problems with Internet Explorer and downloaded nothing. Can't
figure out what all the fuss is about.

John H

Well just keep your virus software up to date and maybe you can keep from
having any problems. Perhaps you should consider downloading some of the
Explorer updates if you've dowmloaded nothing.

But it's your choice. Who gives a damn.
--

Only reason Linux and Unix do not get the massive virus attacks, is because
most people run MS stuff. There are security holes in UNIX and it's
varients. Maybe less than MS, but if you are a virus writer, go for the
most damage, and biggest number of targets. Biggest problem years ago, when
I was a UNIX internals expert (I built Disk drive controllers for the DEC
world) was really crappy error handling. Most drivers were written as a
college thesis or for a class, and hard to generate all the errors required
to test the driver.