Chuck Tribolet

Default SPAMMER Blacklist

Peggie, that wouldn't work. The spamsters have taken to infecting peoples
computers with a virus that turns the computer into a very quiet robot
for the spamsters. That allows them to send huge volumes of
individual e-mails. A year and a half ago, a simple rule that said
"if I'm not in the "to:" list and it's not from a few mailing lists I'm on,
IT'S SPAM" was pretty effective. It's very ineffective now.

Furthermore, if it's sent BCC, the ISP doesn't get to see the other
senders and can't count them.

--
Chuck Tribolet

http://www.almaden.ibm.com/cs/people/triblet

Silicon Valley: STILL the best day job in the world.

"Peggie Hall" wrote in message ...
The real solution IMO would be to require ISPs to block all incoming
email to more than 10 addresses from the same sender.