bb

Default Pearl Harbor Day

On 08 Dec 2003 17:07:32 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

We're beginning to run out of living reminders of WWII. A kid just old enough
to enlist in 1941 would be in his early 80's today.

A long time customer of mine is a Pearl Harbor survivor. He was just
in a couple of days ago recounting some tales of that day. He was on
the DE 365 Cummings during the attack (my dad served his time on the
DE 239 Sturdevant mostly in the north Atlantic). He was recounting
how all the ships did their best to get underway during the attack.
His little DE steamed out of the harbour and headed north looking for
the Jap fleet. He bought in an old photo of his ship that I was able
to scan. I never get tired of listening to those old geezers recound
their part of history.

bb