Joe Parsons

Default SPAMMER Blacklist

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 04:52:49 GMT, "Joe" wrote:

"Joe Parsons" wrote in message
.. .

My situation may be a tad different, because of the sheer volume of

spam I
receive (close to 1,000 a day). Filters alone won't work for me simply
because
so many of the spammers are developing countermesures to evade them.

Try using a form mail script instead of a harvestable email address on

your
webpage.

I get very little spam to the address on my web page.

If so, you're doing something else very wrong, or have ****ed someone off
pretty bad to receive 1,000 spam emails a day.
I would still use a form mail script on your webpage before robots harvest
your email address. There are free ones available.

Well, for starters, being quite visible on Usenet for a decade and a half might
have something to do with it...

They will eventually harvest your email address from your webpage, why wait
for them to do so?

Spammers don't harvest only from web pages.

I use many different usernames. This gives me the ability to source mail I get.
So if, for instance, I use an address in rec.boats like
" and suddenly discover spam coming to that address, I
can be certain that this address was harvested from this newsgroup. Over the
last five years or so, I'd say I've used several dozen different usernames--all
pointing to my news server.

I still get spam to addresses that I have not used for close to ten years. This
tells me that the name has been resold or traded.

But my websites get such modest traffic that I can be quite sure it's not a
significant source of spam for me.

Joe Parsons