Backyard Renegade

Default SPAMMER Blacklist

"Joe" wrote in message ...
"Joe Parsons" wrote in message

My situation may be a tad different, because of the sheer volume of

spam I
receive (close to 1,000 a day). Filters alone won't work for me simply

because
so many of the spammers are developing countermesures to evade them.

Try using a form mail script instead of a harvestable email address on

your
webpage.

I get very little spam to the address on my web page.

If so, you're doing something else very wrong, or have ****ed someone off
pretty bad to receive 1,000 spam emails a day.

Not really, we have business addresses that get 4000 a day, they have
been around for many years and being business addresses, have been in
many a harvested personal address book in Outlook and such. But on the
other hand, the "blacklist" that Harry posted it useless. Attacking
the from field is not the way to go, you must go for the money. Attack
the entity that is going to benefit from the spam, or the product
itself. This is best done by addressing information in the body of the
message. Spammers are getting better so blocking 50 versions of v1agra
won't do either. What we have been doing lately is attacking the
snippets of code that the spammers use to disquise the words, in the
html. For instance, we have a limit set on how many "comment" commands
are acceptable, if there are more than the alloted number, it is
assumed to be hiding something, it is bounced. Of course the number is
somewhat high, so some still gets through. It takes a lot of work to
really address spam. We use filters on our e-mail clients, server wide
protection that my partner writes, and another program developed by
another partner which can be activated and managed by individual
account, and allowes filtering based on code, not just words and
phrases. I still see 40 to 50 spams a day, but that is manageable.
Another good thing is to use throwaway emails and contact forms on
webpages that do not allow robots to harvest your email address.
Scotty
I would still use a form mail script on your webpage before robots harvest
your email address. There are free ones available.

They will eventually harvest your email address from your webpage, why wait
for them to do so?