RG

Default Boat title?

Good luck..here in TX, I had to have my seller go back to the original
seller and get the proper TX forms signed or I could not get a title. The
confusion was not with the boat, but rather with the trailer! I hope
everyone was friendly or your state has more lenient laws.

A dealer that sells a boat/trailer with an non-transferred original title
ought to have some responsibility to be sure the line of ownership is
clear...but probably does not. I'm sure everyone did what they did to avoid
paying taxes, but someone always pays in the end.
RG

wrote in message
I bought the boat and have a Bill of sale, but there seems to be some
confusion about who actually has the transferable registration. This
boat has changed hands about three times without the paperwork following
it, once through a boat dealer. I am going to try the DMV, there are
some websites but they have been no help thus far. I may also try the
local police department. Tom.