Stephen Bird

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 16:35:57 GMT, John Fereira wrote:

Wright is probably more responses than he figured. Although I've never
owned a P&H boat I've paddled most of their models, including one called
"Iona". A friend of mine owned one and it was the one of the first kayaks I
ever paddled. It was somewhat like a shorter and a bit tippier version of
the Capella. BTW, I am in between Wright and he 6'1" guy so judge my reviews
accordingly.

I have two P&H kayaks, my traveling boat - a Sirius and a racing sea kayak, the
Spitzbergen. Both kayaks are very well built and fun to paddle although, as
expected, the Spitzbergen is less stable and fairly fast. I'm 5'11" and 180lbs:
both boats fit me well. From what I've seen of the latest P&H kayak in Sea
Kayaker magazine, it looks very nice... something to dream about... :-)
--
cheers, Stephen