Doug Dotson

Mounting it wasn't particularly difficult. Uses the same setup as
I have seen with many of the smaller generators. I doubt if it is any more
dangerous. Even a small generator can kill you pretty easily if you
tangle with the blades. The larger diameter does mean it can
generator more power. I was just talking to a guy that has 2
FourWinds Red Baron generators. They are somewhat smaller in
diameter than KISS but seem to generate about the same amount
oif power.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message
One issue I've had with the KISS system is the larger diameter - 60
inches. The Air-X is only 46 inches. Clearly the larger size means more
power, but is it also a liability? I've been concerned that the extra
size will make it harder to mount and a but more dangerous.

Any thoughts?

Doug Dotson wrote:
That's why I prefer the KISS. It puts out about 19A at 20 kts and
does so with very little noise.

Doug
s/v CAllista

"Steve Thomas" wrote in message

I spent 11 days at sea with an Air-X this spring.
The noise is tolerable, but the reduction is achieved at the expense of
power.
If my memory serves correctly, we got around 5.8 amperes close hauled in
18
to 20 knots apparrent.
It wasn't my boat and I don't have the log, but the above conditions
persisted for 5 days, so I am pretty certain about these numbers.
This was with a stern pole mount, about 12 feet above the water.

"James" wrote in message
. com...

I am looking at wind generators. According to the latest literature, the
Air-X marine wind generator is claimed to be 80% less noisy than the
(very loud and annoying in my opinion) older model, the Air Marine.

Can anyone offer any first hand experience with Air-X Marine wind
generator as compared to the old Air Marine one?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for products in particular?
Real world experience is what I am looking for...the advertisign hype
isn't much use. Experience is.

Thanks

Jimmy