Sal's Dad

This is a great question; I'm surprised I don't see more discussion of
it...

A fast option: http://www.winninghoff.com/phoiv.htm

Bust as to the catamaran barge, do you have a dock facility? Consider
creating a dual purpose, floating dock/barge. Make your ramp(s) appropriate
for loading the helicopter(s), then you can just cast off and tow (push?) to
your destination. A municipal dock near us is made up of 12'x24'x3'
fiberglass catamarans, pinned together
http://www.bangornews.com/news/templates/?a=7921&z=12 . That way you get
12 months of use from your investment, and have an emergency evac barge
always available.

Sal's Dad

"Robert Haston" wrote in message
ink.net...
Thanks. Speed isn't real important, but since a hurricane is coming, it
sure helps.

It looks like the closest thing out there would be a catamaran barge, for
a lower weight, better loading stability, better speed option.