Wayne.B

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 01:02:48 GMT, "RichG"
wrote:

Only works in port and with shore power.....but an 110 v electric blanket
can work wonders on a chilly night. Low cost and light weight. See your
favorite Wal-Mart for about $30 to $60.00 depending on size and features.

With an inverter and decent battery bank (4 golf cart batts) you can
actually run an electric blanket all night long while anchored out.
We found that it made all the difference with late season cruising in
the north east. In the morning we'd fire up the generator for an
hour, recharge the batteries, make some hot water for showers and heat
up the cabin with reverse cycle A/C.