Gould 0738

I don't understand how so many people cruise without heat. It's
miserable to be cold, even worse when you're wet too.

Fair Skies
Doug King

We just spent two nights a Pouslbo. It got down to freezing Saturday night. Ran
the Webasto, as there was nobody alongside where the exhaust was going, and the
boat could be described as "toasty".

There is a little less heat going to the forward cabin than I would prefer, and
a bit more available in the aft cabin than we really need, but I have a couple
of ductwork tweaks in mind that should reallocate the air flow.

It sounds like you installed the new heater with an in-line fuse... does
it not have a breaker on the panel? I added a set of three new breakers
to our panel, two are for the heater & it's fans; the third is yet
unclaimed. How was the old heater wired in?

The old heater was wired directly to the battery, with a fuse located at the
heater itself.

The simplified wiring is one of the features of the do-it-yourself kit. If the
same heater is sold to somebody who is supposed to know what they're doing-
there is a "pre-wire" board available (essentially a combo bus and circuit
board).