Capt. NealŪ

I guess you didn't read the post where I replied to these
same questions you asked last week? (Remember that?)

Because you still have that silly webTV system I will
be so kind as to answer them again.

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message ...
Neal,

Excuse me for bringing up a related sailing topic but I've been
wondering about Neal's Hong Kong Sails;

How do you like the free footed main?

The shelf-footed main works great. It has gotten
a little less stiff and does the same job the shelf
on the old North main did. It is not quite as deep
as the North which tends to keep the sail a bit
flatter along the boom, however. Also, it has
a bit less roach.

What do you say about the shelf?

Mentioned above.

How have the corners held up on your Main?

No noticable wear. They are holding up as I
expect a sail to. Of course, I am a professional
and I don't flog my sails like most amateurs do.

I've been wanting to hear from Neal about those sail. I know a true
sailor, like Neal, will give us an honest evaluation.

Do I detect a bit of sarcasm? You, Ole Boy, are one of the few
in this group I respect enough to let you get away with it.

By the way, old buddy, after a year's sailing, I've found no difference
in the Main without the shelve. Was interested in your thoughts, Neal.

I have no basis of comparison on shelf vs. non-shelf as my mainsails have
on this particular yacht always had shelves. I do believe, deep in my
heart, that a shelf-foot does control the vortex that rolls off the
clew and reduces drag caused by an uncrontrolled vortex a free-footer
allows. Computer studies whould show the advantage but I doubt one
could feel any difference via seat of the pants.

Still not convinced it's me, huh?

CN