Geoff Schultz

James wrote in
:

Thanks for teh reply Doug!

I have two concerns with the KISS Unit. I have been told that:

1) There is no slip ring, hence it can not rotate 360. You have to
watch to make sure it doesn't twist around and damage itself. In other
words, not for unattended operation.

This is not quit true. The unit can spin several 360 degrees several
times. There's a spring inside that's supposed to re-orient the
generator when the wind dies. I've never seen this to be a problem.

2) There are thermal breakers in it. When the wind really pipes up and
you shut down by shorting the unit as you are supposed to do, the
windings can get hot and pop the breakers. Once they pop, the unit can
freewheel at top speed with no load. Seems dangerous.

I would definately state that this is a problem as I'm the one who has
been pushing this issue. I have one and this is my major concern.

Jimmy

Doug Dotson wrote:
The new Air-X is definately quieter than the older ones. But the KISS
is much quieter than either and generates quite a bit more power.

Doug
s/v Callista

"James" wrote in message

I am looking at wind generators. According to the latest literature,
the Air-X marine wind generator is claimed to be 80% less noisy than
the (very loud and annoying in my opinion) older model, the Air
Marine.

Can anyone offer any first hand experience with Air-X Marine wind
generator as compared to the old Air Marine one?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for products in
particular? Real world experience is what I am looking for...the
advertisign hype isn't much use. Experience is.

Thanks

Jimmy

While the new units are definately quieter than the old ones, they're
still noisy in my opinion.

-- Geoff