James

Thanks for teh reply Doug!

I have two concerns with the KISS Unit. I have been told that:

1) There is no slip ring, hence it can not rotate 360. You have to watch
to make sure it doesn't twist around and damage itself. In other words,
not for unattended operation.

2) There are thermal breakers in it. When the wind really pipes up and
you shut down by shorting the unit as you are supposed to do, the
windings can get hot and pop the breakers. Once they pop, the unit can
freewheel at top speed with no load. Seems dangerous.

Jimmy

Doug Dotson wrote:
The new Air-X is definately quieter than the older ones. But the KISS
is much quieter than either and generates quite a bit more power.

Doug
s/v Callista

"James" wrote in message

I am looking at wind generators. According to the latest literature, the
Air-X marine wind generator is claimed to be 80% less noisy than the (very
loud and annoying in my opinion) older model, the Air Marine.

Can anyone offer any first hand experience with Air-X Marine wind
generator as compared to the old Air Marine one?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for products in particular?
Real world experience is what I am looking for...the advertisign hype
isn't much use. Experience is.

Thanks

Jimmy