NOYB

Default OT--Amazing numbers

"thunder" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 22:35:26 +0000, NOYB wrote:

Additionally, there are an untold number that fled to Syria, Sudan, and
Iran...likely in the same convoys that shipped the weapons to those

places
right before the war.

Syria and Iran? I just don't buy it. Iranians saw those WMDs first hand
in the Iran/Iraq War. Iran may have lost as many as 1 million killed or
maimed in that war. No way would they take Iraq's WMDs, nor would Saddam
give them Iran.

You need to check your history a little bit. I seem to remember Saddam
flying his fighter jets to Iran during the first Gulf War to save them from
being destroyed. They were never returned, however.

As for Syria, they sided with Iran in that war, and only
recently reopened their border with Iraq.

They're also controlled by Baathists.

While it is possible, I think
it is very unlikely Syria has Iraq's WMDs. A far more likely scenario, is
that Rumsfeld's Office of Special Plans cherry picked the intelligence
leading to this war.

http://www.radioleft.com/article.php?op=Print&sid=1192

http://www.newyorker.com/fact/conten...512fa_fact#top

When you get conflicting intelligence, and you haven't had inspectors on the
ground in Iraq since 1998, you're always going to "cherry pick" the
intelligence that best backs your hypothesis. I believe the intelligence
suggests he had WMD's, and either hid them well or shipped them to Syria for
safe-keeping. You believe the intelligence that suggests that he didn't
have WMD's. Two sides to every coin...