DonQuijote1954

Max wrote in message ...
I'd really like to hear more about the details specific and germane to
the Miami park problem.

Could you post a mapquest link to the spot in question, or an overhead
image?

Here's the map (I hope it works)...

(I'd come down 18 st, but now I have to walk 3 times farther and
launch at a more dangerous place)

http://www.smartpages.com/cityguides...yType=&Radius=

Any luck spinning up a dialogue w/ the park board?

I did talk with them over the phone, and they were reluctant to
consider any options. After that I send them a copy of these posts but
they never reply.

etc.

Ob paddling: i got about 120 miles paddling my yak on the Il. Fox River
between Geneva and St. Charles and north. Well worth the small expense
to buy a cheap yak. I launch from a park a block away and they don't
mind at all.

Ob cycling: might be time to start shoveling and plowing the river trail!

.max

Have fun out there!

Where I am there are islands out there that are a real getaway. They
used to be DILAPIDATED but last time were clean.