Mac

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 13:58:05 +0000, HiTech Redneck wrote:

Can anyone suggest the best way to clean an aluminum boat before painting?

What kind of paint are you using? Does the manufacturer have a recommended
procedure? If so, you might as well just do as they say.

Personally, I've never painted an aluminum hull, but I painted part of a
mast once, and I think I just sanded it, rubbed it with acetone, then put
on the corrosion inhibitor (zinc chromate, I think?) and then
white polyurethane paint. It seemed to work.

I believe I used zspar products.

I don't know if that helps you any. ;-)

--Mac