Clachair

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 13:58:05 GMT, "HiTech Redneck"
wrote:

Can anyone suggest the best way to clean an aluminum boat before painting?

Please bear in mind that I don't know anything about aluminum (or
aluminium) boats. However I do know that aluminum is maleable, and
whatever you use to abrade it, i.e. metal wools, glasspaper,
sandpaper, even Scotchbrite, will leave tiny shards embedded in the
surface.
Some time ago I owned an auto detail shop and we always cleaned
aluminum wheels with a proprietary wash obtained from car dealers. The
best one came from Jeep.