Dave Hall

Default Zogby Poll: No economic rebound

Gould 0738 wrote:

And you don't think this same sort of arm twisting goes on on the other
side of the isle?

Don't be so naive. Welcome to the ugly reality of politics.

Dave

You guys are so predictable:

When caught with your hand in the cookie jar-(up to the elbow)- you never say

"That really is embarassing! Certainly not a proud moment for the right wing.
We should pressure the party leadership to make sure this sort of thing doesn;t
happen again.."

Nope.

What we hear instead is "The left wing does this all the time. Clinton did it
every day. Gore invented the practice originally.
Hillary went back to colege to earn a PhD in the subject....." yada, yada, yada
(Even though the D's are not currently in the spotlight for the same practice
and no specific instance is offered as an example)

After hundreds of excuses for unethical or even borderline criminal behavior
all sounding like "He/She hit me first, Mama!"
your side then has the 'nads to tell us all how you're a superior alternative
the D party. How can that be, when you copy all of their (alleged) misdeeds?

The point is that this is a nothing revelation. Unless you were born
yesterday, you'd know that there is a certain amount of palm greasing
which goes on on both sides of the aisle. I'm not condoning it, or
suggesting that this is behavior we should be proud of.

But for the democrats to seize upon this "Much ado about nothing" issue,
reflects the desperation and hypocricy that has become the status quo of
the democratic party since their loss in 2000. They do nothing but sling
mud. What positive issues have they offered up which isn't simply a slam
of the republican party?

I repeat, until the democrats can come up with a positive platform,
which outlines exactly what (and how) they want to do to improve this
country, and not simply to hold themselves up as the "anti-republicans",
they don't stand a chance.

The "I am not Bush" platform is not enough for me, and for most of the
people who I associate with.

Dave