Figment

"Jack Erbes" wrote in message
BrianR wrote:

Try Oziexplorer, I use it on my Laptop linked to a Garmin GPS and find it
very good. I use it with charts I've scanned myself (bmp) you can easily
update the charts using a graphics package like Paint Shop Pro.
http://www.oziexplorer.com/
Hope this helps,
Brian

Are you using the trial version and doing all that with it?

According to the Ozi Explorer web page the trial version has some
limitations compared to the purchased version, more info on the
limitations he

http://216.218.220.254/eng/full_version.html

But, as the Ozi people recommend, it is a good idea to get the trial
version working before purchasing unlock codes.

To the question asked, SeaClear II is freeware now. And it is very good
IMHO, a generous donation to the public domain.

http://www.sping.com/seaclear/

SeaClear supports BSB/KAP and GEO/NOS charts now. It is unfortunate that
it does not support S-57 or ENC charts. Maybe it will eventually.

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jacker at midmaine dot com

Jack
I started with the trial version, but now use the full version.
The main difference is that the trial version uses 3 calibration points per
chart, the full version 9.

I looked at SeaClear but didn't consider as good as OziExplorer, could be
because I'm used to Ozi.

Regards,
Brian