Short Wave Sportfishing

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:37:55 -0500, "Gary Warner"
wrote:

Who do I believe / What do I believe happened?

It's certainly possible that the Hmong man just snapped after
being nicely or even crudely/rudely asked to leave. But it seems
more likely to me that a man would have to be provoked pretty
well to take up shooting other men.

We have a Hmong population in the local area and it's not unknown for
somebody to ask, for instance, to move a car and get assaulted in
return. It is a cultural issue and I'm not at all sure what causes
it.

So, with what is known and
claimed now, I'd guess that the other party went beyond just
pointing out that the Hmong man was on their property and
asking him to leave. ~ Now, if the Hmong man shot them because
he was called names or felt intimidated then, of course, that's
wrong. But if they fired any shot at him, even if just into the
air, then his firing back seems more justified.

Having similar experiences on my own property with hunters, it can get
testy even if you are being totally polite. Some people, white
caucasian people I might add, don't seem to hold property rights as
closely when it's not their property being used and abused. I don't
want people on my property that I don't know are there - that's all I
ask. That's how the property is posted - in big yellow signs spaced
100 feet apart, call me first please.

If I had a dime for every time that has been ignored over the years,
I'd have fifty bucks. :)

The point is that one man went berserk threatened or not. Based on
the accounts of the incident, I would suspect that alcohol was
involved somehow.

We'll probably never find out.

Later,

Tom