Rodney Myrvaagnes

On 23 Nov 2004 11:01:16 -0800, (anchorlt)
wrote:

I keep reading about GPS for boats and how innacurate it can be.

Why is the same not innacurate in cars?

My car GPS is so accurate it tells me I am on the white line at a
traffic signal stop light or in my driveway.

Why not the same for boats?

Actually it works better in boats, because the sky is clearer. It can
tell you which side of the finger pier your slip is on, and whether
you backed in.

However, if you have only one GPS receiver, and no other way of
telling where you are, you are stuck if it fails. If course, they are
so cheap now that nobody would have only one if matters.

If the satellites all quit, you have far more serious things to worry
about than where you are. Or, you have no worries at all.

Rodney Myrvaagnes Opionated old geezer

Faith-based economics: It's deja voodoo all over again