Greg

Default pontoon on the gulf of mexico

When Big Carlos is rolling it is virtually always at the western tip of the
bars that run parallel with the pass (on both sides). The same is true in New
Pass.
If you run south of the pass, into the beach and run north just outside the
swim markers then cut into the pass near the beach you will run behind that
bar. They don't have that point marked as a swim area.
There always seem to be big rollers about a half mile straight out from the
pass. This trick gets you past them. You can also run north inside the bar but
the hole is smaller and shaols up in different places. I don't go that way
often enough to track it. When I go out it is usually just to avoid the traffic
in the channel behind Lovers Key. In the winter I will just run the inside by
Mound Key and duck out the south Weeks channel.
Did you ever check out the aerials on the FGCU web site? the 1999 pictures,
printed in black and white are pretty good for finding the deep spots.
I link them here
http://hometown.aol.com/boatestero