DonQuijote1954

"Jacobe Hazzard" wrote in message ...
How can he demand respect for people who go without motor vehicles, for
whatever personal reasons they have, if he's completely unable to respect
people who go without homes for their own personal reasons? It's easy to
see how the most common complaints one might have about the homeless (IE
they're dirt poor, are probably crazy and are homeless because they can't
manage a real lifestyle, they're an inconvenience and a hazard to the rest
of us) could easily be applied to a cyclist by a motorist. And if we can
say nothing else for homelessness, we can be sure it has less
environmental impact than owning a home, even a home with no SUVs.

To begin with MY CAR WAS SWALLOWED BY THE JUNGLE (ie. got stolen), and
even though I already put money on another, it's Geo Tracker with no
racks possible. A trailer down the line is a possibility though...

But how dare you in your American mind compare being without car to
being without a roof. Sure, it's pretty much the only option left to
get around, but hey, that's the issue. People without an engine are
treated like s*** and then people like you come up with excuses for
the homeless. Yeah right...

How about a permanent solution for the homeless like having them pay
back to society in exchange for a decent salary--and a roof? Picking
up litter seems a good start to me (it's dirty enough out there)...