Pekka Huhta

Peggie Hall writes:
AB Sands is more likely to be the bowl mfr...marine toilet mfrs don't
make bowls .they buy 'em from potteries that do (and who also make the
seats/lids...and those potteries do put their names on 'em, leading a
lot of new owners of used boats to think the bowl brand name is the
toilet brand.

Probably it will be best if I check the markings on the bronze castings
and return after that. All the seals and valves have been checked and
replaced where necessary so it's on perfect operating condition.

Antique marine toilets don't really have any collectable or antique
value...so the only value the toilet might have is its scrap metal
value, and whatever admiration from other classic boat restorers would
have for it IF you can restore it...which may cost more than whole
toilet cost cost originally.

That much of bronze, useless? No way

Apparently these toilets use a LOT of water, I guess? Is there any other
reason for scrapping a beauty like that? If I somehow manage to get that
dreamboat of mien built, I definitely will have space for a little larger
septic tank anyway.

Actually it's fully operating anf the seals are all been renewed, only the
lid has to be glued together and re-finished.

Thanks, Peggie, again for your knowledge and care. If you hear anything
from Wilcox, please let me know.

Pekka

--
http://www.puuvene.net/