Short Wave Sportfishing

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 07:10:13 -0500, Dave Hall
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 23:24:24 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

Icom is a great radio company and I know a lot of hams who use Icom
products almost exclusively. I didn't care for the Icom front panel
control scheme so my modern ham gear is all Yaesu.

I've never been a big fan of Icom. For one thing, they can't seem to
make an H.F. radio with a good noise blanker circuit, at least not on
the models I've owned. My little Yaesu FT-757 is a 20 year old design
and it does far better in the noise suppression department.

The very first, "modern" all solid state radio I ever owned was a
FT-757 - what a great radio.

I also like Kenwood's user function interface over Icom's. Kenwood's
seem more intuitive, while I find that I have to hit the manual for
the Icom for those rarely used and easy to forget features.

I've used Kenwoods in contest situations and like them. I used to
have a 430 that I used on one of my boats for IOTA stuff from
time-to-time.

Your results may vary......

They always do. :)

Later,