rhys

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:44:44 -0500, "Doug Dotson"
wrote:

Winlink limits attachment sizes to 50K normally. Not sure what
Sailmail's policy is now.

If you stick to basics like RTF files, 50K can be several pages of
"plain text". There is the option to send sequential attachments, too.
The problem would be if I were to do design work offshore. Such files
are prohibitively huge.

Another issue is sending pictures or audio back home to relatives...I
think that has to wait for a port.

So far. Things change fast. My club installed wireless access last
year and now I can get weather radar on board before I leave...which
is cool as I am near an airport and they have very good local wind
data.

R.