John Cairns

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message

John Cairns wrote:
snip

Whoa, dude. Isn't killing a dolphin supposed to bring bad luck?
John Cairns

In some quarters. But on some grain ships sailing on the South
Oz-Europe run (tall ships/grain races)at least pre- and
post-WWII, killing the odd dolphin for meat was routine. We kill
and eat pigs, after all, which are highly intelligent animals
very like us in many ways, not to mention Daisy and Lambchop, and
I'm sure I've eaten Dobbin though disguised under another name
such as Meatpie or Stuffedcapsicum. Skipy I don't much the like
the taste and feel of (Rudolph is much better) but then
marsupials were behind the door when brains were being handed
out, right Oz ole Possum?
--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
===Now with Vocals!!===(it'll be singing next!)
http://music.download.com/internetopera
and other music at
http://www.soundclick.com/flyingtadpolemusic.htm

In many quarters, Chinese fisherman for example. I'm not a huge fan of pork,
though I have been know to eat it. They tell me-my sister-in-law, actually,
who is a vet tech and applied for a position as a slaugterhouse inspector
but changed her mind, that if you ever saw the act of meat processing it
would put you off eating meat for quite some time.
John Cairns