Eisboch

----- Original Message -----
From: Wayne.B
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 9:09 AM
Subject: From some old archives........

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 11:40:07 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

Remember the NCR line of transceivers?

=================================

The Signal/One CX7. Never actually saw one but I know it was
supposed to be the marvel of its' day. Any idea how many were
actually built? When I was a kid in the 50s and early 60s, I always
aspired to a Collins KWS-1 and 75A-4. They were built like the
proverbial brick house. By the early 70s I could actually afford
something of that quality, but was living in a Manhattan apartment
that was none too big for even the essentials. I ended up with a nice
little R L Drake rig that tucked into the corner of the living room.

Any experience with the Icom M-802 as a ham rig? I'm thinking of
getting one for the Grand Banks.

You guys are obviously up to speed on these radios, so I might be bugging
you with a few questions. The SSB in our (oops) Mrs.E's soon to be Grand
Banks is an Icom M-710, which I assume must be an older or less expensive
version of the M-802. Unfortunately, the last SSB transmitter or
transciever I ever tuned up or operated had tubes in it. I found some specs
on the M-710 at:

http://www.northeastmarineelectronic...M710-21-SSB.HT
ML

Eisboch