Mike McCrea

George wrote in message

It would be nice if I could write as well as you, maybe you should
turn pro.

The thought has crossed my mind, but I've come to enjoy living
somewhat above the poverty line. (I lived below it for long enough).

What was the tick level like this time of year?

Zero ticks. The tick plague is more of a spring (and summer) thing.

No Mosquitos, although there are usually still a few skeeters on
Assateague in mid-November the gale force winds undoubtedly helped
keep them down this trip.

I really thing that fall and winter, anytime from early November on,
is the ideal time to visit Assateague - provided you can deal with the
wind and weather that is common then.

Late winter/early spring, up until about the first of May, is second
best. While the water is much colder then and the ticks out in force,
the wind/weather is often better.