Rod McInnis

Default Holding Tank Location

"Bruce Richards" wrote in message
m...
I am looking for advise on the pros and cons of locating the waste
holding tank at an elevation slightly above the toilet

If you can locate the tank lower than the toilet, you will be MUCH happier
in the long run!

Pumping the tank overboard (in legal areas) is not a big issue. The pumps
are fairly reliable.

The toilet is not so reliable. If the tank is higher than the toilet, I
would fully expect the contents of the line to the tank to leak back into
the toilet bowl. If you do this, I certainly hope that the line from the
toilet attaches at the top of the tank so that the entire tank can't empty
back through the toilet!

Eventually you will have to work on that toilet, which may mean that you
will have to remove the hose between the toilet and the tank If it is
uphill to the tank, you will have a hose full of crap spill out into the
head.

Rod