Wayne.B

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 11:40:07 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

Remember the NCR line of transceivers?

=================================

The Signal/One CX7. Never actually saw one but I know it was
supposed to be the marvel of its' day. Any idea how many were
actually built? When I was a kid in the 50s and early 60s, I always
aspired to a Collins KWS-1 and 75A-4. They were built like the
proverbial brick house. By the early 70s I could actually afford
something of that quality, but was living in a Manhattan apartment
that was none too big for even the essentials. I ended up with a nice
little R L Drake rig that tucked into the corner of the living room.

Any experience with the Icom M-802 as a ham rig? I'm thinking of
getting one for the Grand Banks.