Default Boat title?

Jim Brinson wrote:
: Tom, if you have a valid reason to need that information ( It's parked
: in your yard, you damaged it somehow, etc.) a local police agency should
: be able to help you.
: If you are "just curious" it is unlikely that a search will be done for
: you by either the DMV or the Police because of privacy restrictions.

: Good luck and good boating,
: Jim

In some states, they'll give you the owner of the boat from registration
numbers and inform the owner of your search. In California, we found a
sunk boat once and wanted to salvage it. For a fee, the Dept. of Motor
Vehicles gave us the information and notified the owner of our request.

So, ya'd need to contact the department that registers boats in N.Y. to
see if they provide such a service. There are websites that claim
to search this information also (search "boat registration search" in
google.com for example. Yes, there are scam businesses there too.)

The bank was rather happy the boat surfaced (literally when the level of
the lake lowered).

b.