Tony Thomas

Default Priming a jet boat?

Makes no sense. Oil and gas are mixed prior to the carbs so any oil that
gets to the cylinders has the right amount of gas in them. Hard to crank
would mean the fuel in the carbs is running out and you need to reprime
prior to starting. Only way to get too much oil is to run the fuel tank dry
or disconnect the fuel line and run. This will pump oil into the system
w/out any gas.

--
Tony
My boats and autos - http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"Grumman-581" wrote in message
"Tony Thomas" wrote ...
I really don't recommend this for an outboard type engine. Alluminum

pistons
don't like it as they tend to meld down from the excessive heat

generated.
Plus, once you burn the either, the engine still dies because there is

no
fuel.

I have a problem with my cylinders getting flooded with 2-cycle oil when I
leave the engine sitting up for any period of time, so a couple of shots

of
ether allow me to burn off the oil and get gas into the engine... I wonder
if an atomized spray of gasoline would work just as well... Perhaps one of
the Misty Cool type of nozzles connected to a small container of gasoline
that could be pressurized... If this would work, it sure would solve the
problem of possibly being offshore and running out of ether...