Tony Thomas

Default Is anyone here connected?

When I worked for a dealer, the factory would not sell direct to an
individual. Having said that, figure out what boat you want, then go to a
dealer and ask him to contact the factory about any leftover or warrenty
takeback boats they may have. Since you don't want the motor, some dealers
will buy a boat w/ a motor they need and split the package.

I personally would force the insurance to buy your complete rig (motor,
trailer, and all). Then go find a good used one for the money.
Most insurance companies will pay you full retail price for the rig (a lot
more than you could sell it for).

--
Tony
My boats and autos - http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"Clams Canino" wrote in message
To a major manufacturer like Genmar , Four Winns - ect ??

I don't think I'll get enough fo rmy middle aged Four Winns (that was

killed
by a drunk driver while it was parked) to properly replace it, and would
*seriously* consider buying a new hull (OB) without power or pre-rig or
warantee or anything but seats, hardware and guages installed.

I'd be willing to pick up at place of manufacture and tow it home to

finish
fitting out etc....

-W (taking a longshot)

--

PLEASE NOTE: Email address change from to