Tony Thomas

Default Quick Prop Question

I would suggest that you purchase a good SS prop in a 14 x 19 to use as your
main prop. You will gain speed and acceleration by the improvement in blade
design. Then use the current prop as a spare. Look at the Laser II.

Tony

"M.E." wrote in message
The full throttle RPM was 4500-4700...

Hope that helps

"Woodchuck" wrote in message
What's your present full throttle RPM?

"M.E." wrote in message
Hey!

I have a 17' Bowrider (fibreglass) and it has a 140HP I/O Engine.

It's
1977. I have a 14x19 prop on there right now... I had it up to about

40MPH
and it seems decent at initial acceleration. I'm looking at

purchasing
second prop for it as a spare but would like to get one to compliment

the
existing one... I'm looking for suggestions on what to purchase...

Does
it
have to be a 14" diamater? Are there various hub sizes on the props

for
Mercruisers? Any advice would be great!

Thanks,