uncle k

"Gould 0738" wrote in message

What fun! I'm looking at the "conceptual drawings" for two of our
prominent
civic marinas, (Des Moines and Kingston) as the original construction on
these
two projects was about to begin. I'll bet if the current environmental
laws
were in place, facilities like that would *still* be in the discussion
stages
after 40 years.

Remember the proposed Duwamish/West Seattle marina? A million dollars was
appropriated to build a rock breakwater, but first, The Corps of Engineers
was hired to study the feasibility of same. A year later, they came up with
their conclusion.... Not certain. By the way, their bill for the study

You guessed it - One million.

Unc