Short Wave Sportfishing

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 22:36:35 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 00:09:28 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

That's why when I get the itch to do some hamming, I usually fire up
my Dad's old Collins S line. Real radios with real tubes. :)

Oh yeah, real radios for sure. They were the standard that everything
else was measured against. In the pre-digital era Collins and Drake
made equipment that actually performed the way it was supposed to, and
that was unusual for ham gear of its day. Unfortunately the Collins
expertise did not carry over into computer equipment and that was
their downfall, big time.

Remember the NCR line of transceivers?

Live long and prosper,

Tom