N.L. Eckert

Eisboch wrote:
Man, talk about flashbacks ...
Back in the late 50's or very early 60's when "HiFi" was the rage my
father and a group of his friends got into building speaker cabinets for
their "systems". They all met 1 or 2 times a week after work at one of
the friend's garage because he had a well equipped wood working shop. I
still remember the cabinet design - V shaped with a tunable slot along
the rear for bass reinforcement. They took me along to the Radio Shack
in Boston to get the speakers and crossover components and I can still
remember the building and the original Radio Shack sign.

==================================
Flashback is right!! I still remember buyng the plans from KLA Lab. in
Detroit to build the Electro-Voice Aristicrat cabinets. I think thats
what you're describing. It was called a "folded corner horn" and it was
best used in the corner of a room so as to utilize the walls to expand
the base notes. I used 2 EV 12" wide range speakers with a high freq.
tweeter that I got from Lafayette. I built a stereo integrated
amplifier that I got from
Allied Radio (later to merge with Radio Shack), then scrounged around
and found a Garrard turntable. My son still has the speakers and we
joke that they and he are about the same age. I recall building them
while my wife was pregnant with him.

=====
Norm