Ryk

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 08:10:47 GMT, lupi wrote:

Canada is now gutting boaters for $150 for a "license" to have a VHF
radio on board. Nuther asshole move if you ask me. Yes, this includes
us visiting boaters, so figure another $150 for your big Canadian
adventure. That's all the news from the front. Keep trudging.

If that's true it's news to me. Canada eliminated the requirement for
a station license for a marine VHF on a pleasure boat some years ago
-- I used to pay something like $35 a year before they dropped it. I'm
sure they would have sent me an invoice based on the old list.

Radio Operators require a license, but that's a one time thing for a
marine limited license.

Ryk